Become a Landlord
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the Housing Choice Voucher Program. The HCV Program is a partnership between property owners and HANO that offers property owners an opportunity to find pre-screened, quality tenants. To ensure your success as a landlord, HANO will provide a designated case manager along with training materials.
In order to lease a unit to an HCVP client, there are owner certification requirements that must be met. If you would like to become a certified HCVP landlord, please visit our office location listed below and be prepared to satisfy the following requirements:
- Prove ownership of the property by providing one of the following: Copy of Deed of Record, HUD 1 Settlement Statement, or ownership proof via the on-line database of the Bureau of Real Estate Taxes (BRT)
- Provide a valid W-9
- Present valid government issued photo identification
- Provide a verified Employer Identification Number or Social Security Number
An Owner may NOT:
- Participate in the HCV Program if he or she has violated the Fair Housing Act or Americans with Disabilities Act
- Lease to relatives
- Be a current or former HANO employee, officer or HCVP contractor
- Discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or family status.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact HANO's landlord liason, Wendy Andrews.